When Florence was the capital of Italy, Piazza d'Azeglio was the prestigious neighborhood where high-powered ministries lived. These senior officials of the state built sumptuous villas, two of which now house the Regency Firenze. Built in the second half of the 19th century in the style of Neoquattrocentesco and commissioned by the banker James Servadio, the architect Henry Kleffer combined two homes with a modern approach.
Revered interior designer Tito Chino decorated the villa in 1932. The Art Nouveau style has been meticulously maintained, and today guests can appreciate Kleffer's stained glass windows and the ceiling details in the dining room. In 1960, the current owner converted the exceptional home into a luxury hotel. For over 50 years, the family has been welcoming visitors to the enchanting city of Florence.